The script looks much better if the templates have icons. To make an icon for a template you only have to create a .png image file with the same name as the template, in the same location. To make the icon for subdirectories you have to name the file as the directory, in square brackets, ie: [Reverbs].png
The package contains 3 instances of the script. HeDa_Track Templates VIP.lua, HeDa_Track Templates VIP 2.lua, and HeDa_Track Templates VIP 3.lua. These three actions are added by default but you can create more if needed, by editing one of them and change the instance number inside. These are the steps to create a custom instance:
- 1) Copy the file "HeDa_Track Templates VIP.lua" to the "Track Templates VIP settings" folder and rename this copy to "HeDa_Track Templates VIP 4.lua" for example.
- 2) Add the file "HeDa_Track Templates VIP 4.lua" to actions list in REAPER. Using the "Load" button.
- 3) Edit it. With the action selected, click the "Edit" button.
- 4) Change the instance number:
you will see a line in the code
instance = 1
change it to instance = 4 or any unique number (more than 3, used by the default included 3 instances)
- 5) Close and save it or CTRL+S and run it.
Each instance remembers its own settings, window size, position, opened subdirectory, favorites, etc. So you can create instances to open directly to a particular subdirectory by changing the home directory for example.
This script is easy to use:
- Click on item: If it is a directory item, it navigates to that subdirectory. If it is a template file, it imports the template. If it is a FX Chain, it will add the FX Chain to the selected track.
- Drag support: You can also drag a FX Chain to any item to insert it in the item FX chain, or drag it to a specific track
- Right click: Marks the template or subdirectory as favorite. Do it again to remove the favorite. A red border appears to indicate it is a favorite.
- Mouse wheel: to scroll up and down.
- CTRL+Mouse wheel: Zoom in and out to make items bigger or smaller.
+ Custom Icons for directories and templates (Save a .png image file with the same name as the template but png extension, in the same place. Icons for directories must be in square brakets i.e. [DIRECTORY].png )
+ Track Icons inside template file support
+ FX Chains support
+ Filter search by name
+ Favorites: Show only favorited items (right click on template or directory to set/unset favorite)
+ Folders navigation
+ Refresh button.
+ Dock/Undock button
+ Zoom in and out buttons to change the size of the items. Also CTRL+mouse wheel.
+ Multiple Instances
+ Open current Template Directory in explorer or finder.
+ Setting: ≡ Menu for settings
+ Setting: Show files from all subdirectories
+ Setting: Hide subdirectories
+ Setting: Always show labels even if there is icon
+ Setting: Autosize labels with zoom
+ Setting: Show tooltips
+ Setting: Exit after importing template docked
+ Setting: Exit after importing template floating