updated for v1.2 (2019-11-18)
To make an icon for a template you only have to create a .png image file with the same name as the template, in the same location. To make the icon for subdirectories you have to name the file as the directory, in square brackets, ie: If the folder is "Strings" make a file named [Strings].png
The package contains 3 instances of the script. HeDa_Track Templates VIP.lua, HeDa_Track Templates VIP 2.lua, and HeDa_Track Templates VIP 3.lua. These three actions are added by default but you can create more if needed from the Settings menu.
Each instance remembers its own settings, window size, position, opened subdirectory, search terms, favourites, etc. So you can create instances to open directly to a particular subdirectory by changing the home directory for example.
- Click on item: Selects the item. SHIFT+Click to select consecutive items. CTRL+click to select multiple non consecutive items
- Double Click on item: If it is a directory item, it navigates to that subdirectory. If it is a template file, it inserts (or smart inserts, depending on settings), the template. If it is a FX Chain, it will add (or replace, depending on settings) the FX Chain to the selected track.
- Drag support: You can also drag a FX Chain to any item to insert it in the item FX chain, or drag it to a specific track
- Right click: Shows a menu with options for the selected item(s)
- Insert: Inserts selected item or items normally (even when smart mode is enabled)
- Smart Insert: Smart Inserts selected item or items (even when smart mode is disabled)
- Favourite: A border colour indicates the item is marked as favourite
- Set Colour: Sets the tint colour of selected item or items (if Show custom colours is enabled in settings)
- Remove Colour: Resets the colour of selected item or items to none.
- Rename: Renames the template file, and associated files, (the png image file and the .cfg custom data file)
- Set Smart Tag: Define the Smart Tag for the selected item or items. Smart tags are used to find a parent where the template will be inserted. Smart Tags start with ST_ ie: ST_Strings will search for a track in the project with the tag ST_Strings. Then that track will be the parent folder and the template will be inserted as last child in the folder, or it will convert the parent to a folder if needed.
- Add Tag: Adds a Track Template tag to the template. Track inspector VIP will add the tags to the track after it has been inserted. The template file is not touched. You cna always update the template file without worries. The tags data is stored in a sidecar file with .cfg extension and the same name as the template.
- List of tags (remove): You can use it to see which tags the template has. If you click on one of them it will ask you confirmation to remove that tag.
- Mouse wheel: to scroll up and down.
- CTRL+Mouse wheel: Zoom in and out to make items bigger or smaller.
+ Insert as children of selected track.
+ Smart Inserting. Inserts as children of tagged track. Each template can have one smart tag.
+ Tags: You can add tags to templates, and Track Inspector VIP will tag the inserted tracks.
+ Search templates: You can search by name, multiple words match, and search by tags or smart tags.
+ Search tags buttons: quick access to your tags to add them in the search terms.
+ Custom colours: Add a tint colour for the templates.
+ Custom Icons for directories and templates (Save a .png image file with the same name as the template but png extension, in the same place. Icons for directories must be in square brakets i.e. [DIRECTORY].png )
+ Track Icons inside template file support
+ FX Chains support
+ Filter search by name
+ Favourites: Show only favourite items
+ Folders navigation
+ Zoom in and out buttons to change the size of the items. Also CTRL+mouse wheel.
+ Multiple Instances
+ Open current Template Directory in explorer or finder.
+ Setting: ≡ Menu for settings