Some support for common questions and problems:
- I've just created VIP account but I still can't install VIP scripts, after trying to install it says "Not installed" again
- Everything was working perfectly but today I cannot update or install new VIP scripts
- How can I install it in an off-line DAW?
- How to start Track Inspector or any script every time you start REAPER?
- Track Inspector Monitor FX Chain for Master instance
- I need help with a particular script
1. I've just created VIP account but I still can't install VIP scripts, after trying to install it says "Not installed" again
Most of the times this is because there is a problem with the password. For some reason, sometimes the password for your VIP account wasn't saved correctly when the account was created. But you can set the password again and it fixes the problem. You only have to do this once. To do it:
- Login with your current user and password if you are still not logged in: https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/user
- It redirects to your user page. Click on Edit to edit your user details
- Edit your password to a new one or try with the same one again, then at the bototm, click Save
- That should fix the problem with the password and now you can try again from HeDaScripts Manager with the new password.
Sometimes it happens that, in the scripts manager, you entered the wrong e-mail, or the same e-mail but with upper-case. It is case sensitive so enter it exactly as it appears in your user details in the website.
It seems that the 6 month period of your license has expired. You can check the date by login in the site. You can see your license date at the right. You can donate again with the same process to renew the license. If you are logged in, it will add a new license to your existing account. Thank you!
To install the scripts you need Internet connection. How to install it in an off-line DAW? You can use another machine that has Internet connection to install the scripts there. For example you can use a USB drive to install a portable REAPER there and use it to download and install the scripts there. Then you must manually copy the files to the off-line REAPER. For most scripts it is as easy as synchronize the HeDaScripts folder from the USB to the HeDascripts folder in your off-line DAW. But some scripts also need other files that are installed outside the Scripts folder.
For example This is the list of files needed for Track Inspector VIP:
- FXChains/Track Inspector Monitor FX.RfxChain
- FXChains/Track Inspector Monitor FX_MasteringGain.RfxChain
- Scripts/HeDaScripts/Track Inspector VIP/*.*
- Scripts\HeDaScripts\Track Inspector VIP settings\
That's it. For the rest of scripts, it will be just the folders inside HeDaScripts, and maybe toolbar icons that have HeDa in the name in the Data/toolbar_icons folder.
In REAPER there is a special script that is run every time if the script exists. The file is "__startup.lua" located in the Scripts folder in your REAPER resources folder.
If you don't have this file, it is normal. You can create it by going to the Actions window, and click in the New... button next to the Reascript: text.
It prompts you for the file name. Enter __startup.lua (notice there is a double _ )and then you will be presented with a script editor. Here you have to enter the code to call other scripts.
Enter this line to start Track Inspector VIP for example:
reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_RSe3ad1140dc733c3ccfe65a67ec53bfc634535821"), -1) --Run Track Inspector VIP
you can enter new lines for each script you want to auto start. The _RSe3ad1140dc733c3ccfe65a67ec53bfc634535821 in this example is the command ID for Track Inspector VIP. To find other IDs for other scripts you must find them in your actions list selecting the action for the script and right click and Copy command ID. then you cna paste it in your script editor.
Now you only have to Save the script. (CTRL+S) and that's it. Try to test it by restarting REAPER and the Track Inspector VIP should be started automatically. It remembers the docker posiiton. If the first time appears in a different docker, just move it to where you want it and next time it will be there.
If you have dpmeter3 installed correctly and everything works well on the Track Inspector VIP instance, but you go and run the Track Inspector VIP Master instance you can have this error displayed: "Error. EBUR128 plugin not found in Monitor FX Chain."
This means you haven't yet configured your Monitor FX chain properly. Follow the instructions to import the included FX Chain into your monitor FX chain.
There is a FX Chain included in the script that will be installed in the FX Chains folder in your REAPER resources. Search for the file: Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter3.RfxChain. This chain includes the Track Inspector plugin for RMS, waveform and peaks, and the dpmeter3 plugin for EBUR128 meter.
1. Open your Monitor FX Chain. View > Monitoring FX.
2. The FX Chain opens. There in the FX > Add FX Chain ... Locate Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter3.RfxChain
If you don't have more plugins in your Monitor FX Chain, then that is all you have to do. If you have advanced routings and channels then make sure dpmeter 3 and Track Inspector are in the first plugins in your chain and have the proper channels routed to 1/2 channel inputs. Normally you will be fine leaving them first and with default routing.
First, read the documentation pages of the script if it exists. For example for HeDaMixer, there is https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/documentation-hedamixer , for Track Inspector: https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/documentation-heda-track-inspector
You can also use the Cockos forum to ask something. Each script has its own dedicated support thread.
If you don't want to use the forum you can also contact me by email.